Tema

EE.UU. - ASALTO AL CAPITOLIO

Las últimas noticias sobre las consecuencias políticas y sociales tras lo ocurrido en Washington

  • Yahoo News UK

    'Senior member of royal household' passed information about Meghan Markle to Mail On Sunday editor, court papers show

    The editor of the Mail On Sunday has detailed a meeting he had with a source from the palace.

  • Evening Standard

    Meghan Markle privacy battle: ‘Palace Four’ Royal aides refuse to take sides in duchess’ legal fight with Mail on Sunday

    Four Royal aides are refusing to “take sides” in the Duchess of Sussex’s High Court privacy battle but can shed light on how Meghan crafted a disputed letter to her father. Meghan, 39, is suing Associated Newspapers Ltd (ANL), publisher of the Mail on Sunday and MailOnline, over the publication of parts of a handwritten letter to Thomas Markle. Extracts of the letter were published by the newspaper in February 2019, sparking a legal claim by the Duchess for breach of copyright and invasion of privacy.

  • Sky News

    Meghan Markle: Mail On Sunday claims evidence from 'Palace Four' could bring privacy case to trial

    Four palace staff who worked for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex may have evidence which could "shed some light" on a letter that Meghan wrote to her father, according to lawyers for the Mail On Sunday. Meghan is suing the publisher of the newspaper and MailOnline over five articles they published in 2019, which reproduced parts of the handwritten letter sent to Thomas Markle, showing the breakdown of the relationship between the pair. During a two-day High Court summary judgment hearing being held remotely, the newspaper has argued its possible evidence means a trial should be held.

  • The Telegraph

    'Palace Four' to reveal whether Meghan Markle gave private information to the authors of Finding Freedom

    The “Palace Four” will reveal whether the Duchess of Sussex gave private information to the authors of Finding Freedom, indirectly or otherwise, they have confirmed. The four, who were among the Duchess’s closest and most senior royal aides, insisted they would remain “strictly neutral” and had no interest in helping either side in her legal action against the Mail on Sunday. In a letter lodged with the High Court on their behalf, Samantha Cohen, her former private secretary, Christian Jones, former deputy communications secretary, Jason Knauf, former communications secretary and Sara Latham, former communications director, said they would also provide evidence about the creation of the letter Meghan sent to her father, as well as the draft, and whether she expected it to be made public. The prospect of new information could deal a blow to the Duchess’s attempt to have the case decided without a trial. Antony White QC, for Associated Newspapers, owner of the Mail on Sunday, said the four could clearly “shed light” on the issues at stake, noting that the case “cried out” for further investigation. “The evidential picture at trial is likely to be very different from the one presently before the court,” he added.

  • Yahoo News UK

    Meghan Markle's former palace aides willing to give evidence, court hears

    Meghan Markle is suing the Mail On Sunday after it published a letter she wrote to her father.

  • Evening Standard

    Finding Freedom author says he ‘never saw’ Meghan Markle’s letter to father Thomas

    Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand’s book Finding Freedom was released last year and has become embroiled in a legal battle between Meghan and the Mail on Sunday. Defending the privacy claim, ANL involved the publication of Finding Freedom and suggested the authors had also seen a copy of the handwritten letter.

  • Evening Standard

    Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas wanted letter published in Mail on Sunday to ‘set the record straight’ - court

    The Duchess of Sussex’s father said a handwritten letter from his daughter “signalled the end of our relationship” and he cherry-picked extracts to be published in the media, the High Court has heard. Thomas Markle received the five-page note from Meghan in August 2018, when she pleaded with him to stop talking to the media and discussed about their deteriorating relationship. The Duchess, 39, is suing Associated Newspapers Ltd (ANL), the publishers of the Mail on Sunday, after parts of the letter appeared in print in February 2019.

  • The Telegraph

    Exclusive: Prince William's closest aide quits

    The Duke of Cambridge is set to lose a second key aide in a year. Christian Jones, who replaced Simon Case as William’s private secretary last March after he was poached by Prime Minister Boris Johnson, is leaving the royal household to join the private equity group Bridgepoint as a partner. The 31-year-old, who was previously William and Kate’s communications secretary, will head up corporate affairs for the £18 billion company. It is understood he will remain an advisor to the royal couple, whom he is credited with protecting from the fallout from “Megxit”, helping them to maintain a visible presence throughout the coronavirus crisis. A royal source said: “Whereas Simon was credited with making the Duke a statesman - Christian has really helped them to steer them through their public-facing role during the pandemic. He’s helped them to grow in confidence by gently pushing them out of their comfort zone.”

  • Yahoo News UK

    Meghan Markle says reports of what Harry told her moments before their wedding are false

    Meghan's lawyers have said papers got the words Harry told her at the altar on their wedding day wrong.

  • The Telegraph

    The British wool industry is in crisis - here's how Prince Charles wants you to help

    When the Prince of Wales carried out a science experiment at Clarence House, it made me rethink my wardrobe (and no, that’s not a sentence I ever thought I would write). Before the pandemic began, the Prince buried two jumpers – one made from wool-like synthetic fibres such as acrylic and polyamide and the other from actual wool. Six months later, both were dug up. “Well, the wool one had virtually biodegraded and been eaten by worms,” says Nicholas Coleridge, the former managing director of Condé Nast Britain, who was there on the day. “But the ghastly synthetic one was still there, fully intact, poisoning the soil.” Ten years ago, aided by Coleridge, Prince Charles set up the Campaign for Wool, which promotes the use of pure wool everywhere from carpeting to cushions covers and, of course, clothing. For a decade, their central aim was to stop brands using man-made fabrics that pollute the oceans and take hundreds of years to break down.